Colorado Welfare Offices » Alamosa We list as many governmental welfare assistance offices as we can located in your area.

Welfare Offices provide for the needy with many things such as child care, food assistance, cash for needy families, burial assistance. We provide office hours and details on these locations.

NEW - We are now providing non governmental non profit organizations that assist with welfare related assistance.

Alamosa County - Social and Human Services

Monday through Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

The Alamosa County Human Services Department aid individuals and families through programs to protect adults and children when most in need; services provided through this department also assist youth/families in properly handling family and community conflicts and may assist in helping people become employed. The Alamosa County Department of Social Services is organized into seven units; two units that provide protective services to families and adults, a Core Service unit that provides services designed to help families function and to help reunite children with their families, the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families unit, which also determines Medicaid and food assistance eligibility for that population as well as determining eligibility and authorizing payment for child care assistance, the Adult Category Income Maintenance unit which determines eligibility for old age pension, aid to the needy disabled, nursing homes, Medicaid and food stamps, the Investigation and Child Support Enforcement unit, and the Administrative Support unit.
To apply for any of our programs you may come into our office and pick up an application or fill-out and print an application online. If filling out the application online, please print it and bring it in to our office.

Typical Application Processing Time
From the date the agency receives your completed application, we must act within:
    7 days for Expedited Food Assistance, 30 days for Food Assistance;
    45 days for Colorado Works/TANF, Colorado Supplement, Old Age Pension (OAP)
    Medicaid, Old Age Pension –State Medical Program, and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
    60 days for State Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND) and Aid to the Blind (AB)
    90 days for Medicaid applications based on disability for Long Term Care.

County: Alamosa County

Phone: (719) 589-2581
Address: 8900-C Independence Way Alamosa, CO 81101
Website: Visit Website
Welfare Services Provided at this Office: